Home » Fonctionalités
Category Archives: Fonctionalités
The user interface has been simplified and navigation greatly improved, with identical functionalities compared to the V7
- On the « My Tunes » tab you can directly filter by category with the C button, search by key words with the magnifying glass button. Direct access to playback statistics. The search and the statistics are crossed with the displayed category if there is one. Reminder: The categorization of the tunes allows to define your own collections.
- For mobiles without Force Touch capability, like the iPads, a long press has been added on the « My tunes » tab which offers a choice of quick actions depending on the context (example: Play, Share, Categorize …) . With the long press on the score tab you can now start or stop the playback. The navigation by tab is no longer the single principle.
- For mobiles with Force Touch, the application already offered quick actions quite equivalent to the above functions. For the users who would prefer the long press, it is possible to invalidate the interaction by 3D Touch in the app, through PocketPipes settings
– New bagpipe chanter sound with reverb effect, giving a realistic rendering, only available with IOS 10 or higher. You can turn on-off the effect in the general settings of PocketPipes.
– With the « Share » menu, on My Tunes tab you can now export the soundtrack (.wav) or the partition (pdf) of the tunes to a Dropbox account. The files are stored into two dedicated subfolders (_WAV_ and _PDF_) of your account application folder . The folders are created at the first order to upload. If you choose to export the bagpipe chanter sound, the reverb effect is applied or not, according to the setting. Wav files can take a while to export because of their size, you can stop the upload. You will not see the content of _WAV_ or _PDF_ with PocketPipes in the importer because only abc or bww files are presented..
New buttons to display the reverse chronology of the recent playings or the forgotten tunes. This will help you to drive your practice sessions on your personal tunes (go to filter screen). The period of observation for the recent playings is set in the general settings. Beyond this period, the tunes fall in forgotten tunes. These statistics are crossed with the categories. A tune is considered to be played 5s after the start time. Only personal files are in the scope of the statistics.
When defining a section for playing on the sheet music, the outside area is grayed. Reminder: long press or 3D touch depending of the mobile to set begin and end marks
On the importer screen, you can search for specific files after getting the file list in a folder (usefull for large collections)
– In Edit mode you can now remove all the tunes that are not categorized (X button) and not only « All your tunes »
– Few bug fixes
- The look of some screens has been updated (Tunes list, Filter, Dropbox Import)
- On the Dropbox importer /Applications/Pocketpipes has been renamed to /Apps/PocketPipes in conformance with the naming rules of the root folder in english localization
Dropbox User Interface
– Adding a slider to scroll large collections in the picker view
– Bug fix when scanning a large collection (>2000)
– Support for triplets old form that may appear in tune files
– Parser improved and bug fixes
– Search with key among personal tunes (ie March or March&.bww), available through the filter button on MyTunes tab
– Save As available when editing a tune
Update: Internal Dropbox (TM) API
If you are a new user, you can discard this procedure and go to the website to see the guide.
But if you have used the previous releases of PocketPipes, the app will create a new /Applications/PocketPipes (1) folder.
When connected with the 6.3 you’ll not find your usual folders. Don’t worry, you just have to go to your Dropbox account:
– Rename the old /Applications/PocketPipes as /Applications/PocketPipesOld for instance
– Move your usual folders to the new /Applications/PocketPipes (1)
– Rename /Applications/PocketPipes (1) as /Applications/PocketPipes
– Verify that you now see again your folders
– You can then delete PocketPipesOld
They are stopped after 5s of inactivity.
Several fixes, including a case of crash when a time line in BWW files was not explicitly closed with the underscore-apostrophe characters.
File edit function available when in edit mode, on the « My tunes » tab:
– After unlocking the chosen air, press « Edit »
– Edition in text mode, the file is replaced after touching « Save »
– It is necessary to know about the abc or bww format
– During an editing session an initial file copy (.bak) is created, allowing a revert action, if the change was not satisfying
– In edit mode, a revert action is available if a .bak file exists
– For iPhone 6S these actions are performed by Force Touch actions (in Edit mode only)
You need for this a device with Force Touch capability (ie iPhone 6S).
Force Touch really offers a new way for navigation through the App. Usually you interact with tabbar icons and buttons (Since V1.0).
With Force Touch you will spare each time between one and three actions thanks to quick action shortcuts.
The opportunity to quick action shortcuts appear:
- When lauching the app => With a pressure on the app icon you can directly start a recent play
- On My Tunes tab, depending of the current play you can play, stop, share, categorize, delete a tune. The first pressure selects the tune, then the title appears and with a swipe upward the contextual menu appears. With a harder pressure you launch at once the play or you stop it.
- On the Score tab, depending of the current play you can play, stop, go to select, or set marks to define a section. With the first pressure a magnifying view appears to show the location, and with a swipe upward the contextual menu appears. With a harder pressure you launch at once the play or you stop it.
– Better support of broken rhythms in abc files (notes may have multipliers): for instance a>b a/2<b/2 a/>b/ ….
– Fixes related to the displayed informations on the player tab
– IOS 9 ready
– The vertical bar showing the note being played on the sheet music remains visible when the view is zoomed. The sheet music slides to keep the focus on the indicator.
– Minor fixes