- The upload action for sound tracks and pdf scores now sends the files to the user’s iCloud Drive. Previously the files were sent to a Dropbox account. The action executes much faster! In a future version the downloads will also address iCloud Drive instead of Dropbox. This will achieve the migration of PocketPipes to iCloud.
- Added force feedback when selecting a tune with a long press (iOS)
For all platforms: PocketPipes runs on iPhone, iPad, IPod Touch and Mac.
If you own different Apple devices you can now align your data with a backup/restore mechanism through a PocketPipes folder located in your iCloud drive. Commands are done only by the user, it is not an automatic synchronization. Data encompass the tunes and also associated meta data (categories, marks, tempo settings, dates of playing).
See the iCloud Operations in the in-App help.
Installation of a whole zip file of tunes in one manipulation
Drag and drop on Mac, or with the Files App on iOS.
See the Quick Start section in the in-App help as an example.
Sound of a whistle in Bb
It is an alternative to the practice chanter sound. The scale is not the full scale of a whistle, it conforms to the scale of the practice chanter (ie bagpipes).
With the v9.3, released on May 9th 2020 PocketPipes becomes a universal Application running on Mac as well on Apple devices (iPhone, iPad ..).
You purchase once, and you can install where you want under your Apple account on iOS or iPADOS!
How install …
- For Mac => download from Mac AppStore
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod touch => download from AppleStore
To begin with Mac OS, just follow the Help topics or this
- 🙂 🙂 New embedded help book, with web like appearance
- Bug fixes (mainly when setting marks on a multipage tune)
The dark mode is now available!
It seemed to be a need! This tutorial for bagpipe tunes is being developed.
It is mainly based on tuto abc files.
This is an important evolution of the user interface, while strictly maintaining the basic functions of the application.
Expansion of quick actions menus for easier contextual navigation and preparation for the future PocketPipes for Mac OS.
- Added file operations (edit, duplicate, rename, delete a tune) to replace the previous editing mode
- Abandon Force Touch by generalizing the use of the long press, to follow the trend of Apple
- Trash icon, for massive deletions. The button must be validated using the PocketPipes settings
The iOS / iPad OS Files application becomes the central tool to install the tunes in the application. This application website has been updated to show these possibilities.
Some uniformisation of colors in the UI
Ability to hide embedded files with a setting, so that you only see your personal files
And fixes a case of crash that appeared suddenly with IOS 13.1!